Thursday 5 November 2009

Jeremiah 29:11


“I know the plans I have for you; “declares the Lord,”plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”
This is so reassuring that we should not give up where we are right now. If we are a cleaner or a plumber or electrician, we should still hold on to the greatest desire we have deep down in us. Those great passions that remain when we are awake, is called vision. When we have a vision it does give us inner strength to get up in the morning when we don’t feel like it. I lived in UK for 12 years and I have seen that builders had more money than other professions around whom some where my neighbours. Ten years ago builders were just seen as builders but now some of them are millionaires. Plumbers in UK are recognised profession too. Just because someone is a doctor or a lawyer, that does not mean they are more superior than you. Many of these professionals struggle much more then someone from the rural or village. This is because their life style changes as they move up the ladder.


Papua New Guinea is a very rich country and so there is so much potential. I think we (PNG) may be the only country that has over 90% customary owned land. You may have a dream of doing something but you got side-tracked or something went wrong and you abandoned it and decided to live a normal life. Let me remind you again that you will never be satisfied because you were created to be unique. You were designed by God not to blend in, but to stand out.
For example if you are a cleaner and remain faithful in this job, God can give you a bigger plan to think of inventing a vacuum cleaner that is effective or starting up a company that can employ people.
If we can look beyond our present condition and have hope for the future, we have true riches, even if we have lots of money in the bank account. It does not matter what we currently have or don’t have, as long as we can see what we could have. This dream is key, to life because where there is a dream there is hope, and where there’s hope, there’s faith – and faith is the substance of fulfilment of what you are hoping for. (Hebrews 11:1)
In the book of Psalm 139:14 declares,” I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvellous at your works...” You are not just another person. Don’t ever allow anyone to cause you to think of yourself as ordinary. If anyone makes you feel less than you are, just look in the mirror and say, “I am smart and intelligent. I am one of a kind and irreplaceable, original” When I was in Oxford I worked in an old people’s home to pay for my school fees to attend a good college and the old people would call me dirty Niger but it did not deter me from completing my education. People talk but when you know who you are in God, you will go ahead of everyone. Another example Dr Myles Munroe, when he was a little boy in Primary School in Bahamas; his white teacher called him monkey. Today he is a great man helping lots of people around the world.
Gold is costly because it is difficult to find. Similarly, God wanted you to be eternally valuable, so He made you permanently rare. He created you one of a kind. You are the only person that can fulfil the vision/dream you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.